Organic gardening is the process of cultivating plants and other agricultural products without the use of synthetic chemicals. This is done in order to increase the quality of the food that we eat and also to reduce the amount of chemical residues that are present in the soil and water supply. Organic farming also helps to preserve the environment by reducing pollution from synthetic fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides.
The process of organic gardening involves growing crops without using synthetic chemicals. This is achieved by using natural fertilizers and other agricultural products which are produced by nature. The plants are also grown without the use of artificial irrigation systems. Organic gardening also helps to preserve the environment as the natural fertilizers help to improve the quality of the soil and also reduce the amount of pollutants in the air.
The main reason for the growth in popularity of organic gardening is the fact that it is a healthier alternative to conventional methods of farming. In addition to this, the use of natural fertilizers also helps to reduce the amount of harmful chemicals that are used in the process of agriculture. There are many benefits of organic gardening such as:
- * Organic gardening helps to prevent soil erosion by using organic manure instead of synthetic fertilizers.
- * Organic farming reduces the amount of greenhouse gases emitted into the atmosphere.
- * Organic gardening does not involve the use of synthetic chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides and insecticides.
- * Organic gardening uses no artificial fertilizers or pesticides.
- * Organic gardening reduces the amount of waste generated due to the use of artificial fertilizers and pesticides.
- * Organic gardening also helps to protect the environment.
- * Organic gardening is also known to be more productive than conventional methods of farming.
- * Organic gardening also results in higher yields of crops.
- * Organic gardening also prevents the loss of nutrients in the soil due to the use of synthetic fertilizers and pesticides.